Today I was graciously nominated for a Liebster Award by The Florida Minimalist. I’ve seen this award on a few blogs but not really knowing what it was, I looked it up. Basically, it’s an award given to bloggers by other bloggers for completing a writing and networking assignment. It’s pretty cool actually and I’m very grateful to have been nominated.
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
- Each nominee must have under 200 followers
- You must thank and link to the nominated blog
- You must answer the 10 questions asked of you and propose 10 new ones for your nominees
- You must nominate 10 blogs and tell them that they have been nominated
- You must write a post containing the questions
- You must include these rules in the post
The questions that were asked of me were:
- Why have you chosen minimalism or a simplified lifestyle? Peace of mind. There was a time in my life when I was so inundated by other people’s ideas and ideals that it was hard for me to hear my own voice. Adopting a minimalist lifestyle has allowed me to focus only on the things that are really important to me, without the distractions of physical or mental clutter.
- What place in your travels has been your favorite? Honduras
- What part of minimalism do you think is most difficult? Managing obligations. I still have a tendency to overcommit or agree to projects that don’t really fit with my own goals.
- There are tons of sites on minimalism. Is there anything you haven’t seen that you would like to see discussed? I’d like to see more info on keeping minimalism “fresh” or maintaining a minimalist mindset after you’ve decluttered, paid off debt, downsized, etc. and have lived the lifestyle for more than a few years.
- Why did you start your blog? I originally started the blog when I got rid of my car a few years ago. It was a place for me to collect my thoughts as I tried living outside the box.
- What is your favorite thing about being a blogger? I love seeing comments or posts from other folks who are walking a similar path. It’s inspiring to me.
- What is your ‘dream’ job? From the time I was a small child, I’ve never wanted to be anything other than a writer.
- If you had one wish what would it be? (if ‘more wishes’ doesn’t count) I’d wish for good health for my mom for the remainder of her life.
- What are you doing today? I’m writing this post (and a grant for my employer) while waiting for maintenance to fix the air conditioner in my apartment.
- Do you like where you live? Yes. For a place that we chose at random, North Port, FL has been a nice place to live for the past 3 years. However, we are ready for a change in scenery and will be moving soon.
I would like to nominate the following bloggers for a Liebster Award:
I couldn’t find contact information for everyone so I hope you’ll see your nomination here.
If you were nominated by me, here are the questions I’d love for you to answer:
- What was your favorite book as a child?
- What time of the day are you the most creative?
- If you could only eat 3 foods for the rest of your life, what would they be?
- Where are you going on your next travel adventure?
- What has been the best part of downsizing or adopting a simplified/minimalist lifestyle?
- What is the cheapest vacation you’ve ever taken?
- What inspires you each day?
- If you had a super power, what would it be?
- What is the most difficult part of blogging?
- If a stranger on the street gave you a dollar, what would you do?
Thanks again to The Florida Minimalist for nominating me. I hope my nominees have as much fun as I’ve had coming up with their questions and answers.