Just before the holiday, we were nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Melanie at Thousand Needles. Thank you!! We are really grateful for the recognition! Melanie is a crafter who creates some really beautiful quilts. I encourage you to take a look at the amazing things she has sewn, knitted, and cross-stitched.
I’ve copied the rules for accepting this award from Melanie’s original post. They are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and give a link to his/her blog.
- List the rules.
- Display the image of the award on your post.
- List seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate (up to) 15 bloggers for this award, and notify them to let them know you have nominated them.
Since this is a joint blog (though I do all of the writing), I’m including Angie in the 7 facts list. So here you go…
7 (Fun) Facts about The Minimalists Next Door
- We met each other on the dance floor of a downtown Denver bar. Neither one of us can dance.
- Angie loves chickens. Our entire kitchen is decorated with them. All our our plates, bowls, glasses, and mugs have chickens on them. There are even 3 Ideal Poultry charts on the fridge detailing the various kinds of chickens available to raise. Neither of us has ever owned a chicken.
- We start every day with a cup of dark roast coffee and a book. I usually read for 30 minutes before heading to my desk to work and Angie reads for the first hour of her day.
- We have lunch together every day, no matter how busy I am at work.
- When we lived in Florida we were master dumpster-divers, often finding and reselling items on Craigslist. (Snowbirds toss out a lot of stuff!) Here in Tennessee, the dumpsters don’t hold such bounties so we’ve switched to foraging. Last weekend, we picked wild blackberries while on a hike and found discarded tomatoes behind a grocery store.
- Wednesday is always popcorn night at our house.
- We are both Certified Master Naturalists (in Florida), a designation we earned pretty much by accident. We signed up for the classes so we could go on the really cool field trips. At the time, we had no idea just how many hours of boring classwork we’d have to endure to get to those trips! Though we had a lot of fun and created a lasting memory, we’ve since vowed never to do such a thing again. And no, neither of us can identify the 3 kinds of mangroves.
10 blogs we enjoy following:
- More of What Matters
- Waste Not Want Not
- Minimalist Sometimes
- Simple Living Over 50
- Narrowboat Mum
- The CFO Mom Blog
- Baby Steps Going Green
- Adventures of Thelma Louise
- Cam Coogan
I couldn’t find contact information for everyone so I hope you’ll see your nomination here.
I think these types of awards are a fun way to get to know each other and do a bit of networking. To the nominees mentioned above, perhaps you will find it fun to complete your own acceptance post but if not, that’s okay too.
Thanks for playing along!