A couple of weeks ago I was nominated for a Blogger Recognition Award by Barb and John at Decluttering The Stuff. Thanks guys!! I graciously accept and of course, I’d also like to thank the Academy…if for no other reason than I’ve just always wanted to say that 🙂
Who doesn’t love a good blog award?? They’re like a slam book and a chain letter all rolled into one! You get to answer some (sometimes silly) questions and tag a bunch of other people to do the same. Easy peasy!
So here are the “Rules” for accepting this award:
- Thank the Blogger who nominated me and provide a link to their blog. Done
- Write a post to show the award. Ta-da! Here it is.
- Write a brief story on how the blog started. Once upon a time in a cubicle far, far away, sat a writer, bored to tears from endless hours of editing an auto parts catalog. To vent, she started a little blog called “I have to say…” where she had a whole lot to say about everything, including the “quest” she was on to live without a car in the suburbs of Denver. As more and more of her friends began calling her a minimalist, she began to think, hmm…maybe I am. When the car-free living experiment ended, she set about to find another topic to blog about and so began The Minimalist Next Door (which was later changed to The Minimalists Next Door when she added a like-minded partner.) And now they live happily ever after (well maybe not just yet but they are working on it) in a land without cubicles or auto parts catalogs.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers. Write about something you know and love. Don’t blog simply to make money.
- Select 15 bloggers to pass this award on to. Yeah, that’s not going to happen. How about I just make a list of some of the blogs I follow (which is the whole point of the exercise in the first place – to create community by recognizing the efforts of fellow bloggers). You should probably check out:
- Comment on each of their blogs to let them know they have been nominated for this award and provide a link to this post. Should any one of the amazingly talented bloggers listed above wish to take up the torch and run with it, that would be swell. You are hereupon nominated for a Blogger Recognition Reward. Have fun! (If not, that’s perfectly acceptable too.)