Hi there! Nice to meet you! My name is Melody and I’m The Minimalist Next Door.
I’ve been writing about my journey to minimalism since 2012, and it has been a journey of many twists and turns. For most of that time, I walked alongside my partner of a decade, Angie, as we tried our hand at everything from full-time RVing to suburban homesteading.
If you peruse the archives, you’ll see Angie in many of the posts. Though we are no longer together, she is still my friend, and I won’t diminish either of our paths in life by rewriting history. This journey was equally ours, but 2021 started a new chapter for both of us.
I’m excited to see what the future will hold as I continue to navigate life and minimalism and write about it all right here in this blog. I hope you’ll continue to join me because if anything, it’s sure to be an adventure!
Interesting Facts About Me
- I LOVE to read!
- I have been known to eat popcorn for dinner.
- I have a not-so-secret addiction to TV dramas.
- I haven’t had a full-time job since 2016.
- I’m 99% vegetarian.
- My favorite hangouts are parks and thrift stores.
- I’m totally into hiking, kayaking, and letterboxing.
- I knit (a bit) and play the ukulele (well, I’m learning).