Current Progress Updated June 5, 2017
- Read 52 books.* Angie = 16/26, Melody = 13/26
Create a Bullet Journal. (M)Created January 1, 2017 – currently in use (almost) daily.
- Write 2 blog posts per week and be more active on social media. (M)
- Volunteer 20 hours.
- Watch 1 new documentary every month (or 12 total). 10/12 watched
Health & Fitness
- Walk 1,000 miles. 200.6/1000
- Hike 100 miles. 65.4/100
- Try one new fruit or vegetable every month. New foods tried: brussel sprouts, blackberries (A), dried kiwi (M), blood orange (M), golden beets, purple cauliflower, and cheddar cauliflower.
- Go meatless 12 days per month (or 144 days total). 60/144
- Follow the 50-30-20 Rule for Minimalist Budgeting.
Have 200+ No-Spend days this year.Revised 5/2/2017, read more here. Pay off car.Completed March 9, 2017, read more here.
- Pay off 2 smallest student loans.
- Find 50 new letterboxes. Increased goal to 100 on 5/2/2017. Currently 75/100 found.
- Share a picnic lunch or dinner together once a week. We’re already at 34 picnics for the year – woohoo!
- Take one trip out of the country. Booked our fall trip to Canada on 5/22/2017.
Go on 2 camping adventures.Manchester, TN (4/29/2017) & Lake Prizer, KY (5/5/2017)
- Take a trip by train.
- Spend a weekend in a major US city that we’ve not visited before.
- Take 2-3 paddle trips.
*All goals are combined goals unless otherwise noted.
Things we currently do that we plan to continue in 2017:
- Only buy items to replace worn-out or broken items. Buy used whenever possible.
- Declutter. We’re going to try 2017 in 2017 though I’m not sure we have that much left to declutter. 641/2017
- Recycle, compost, and focus on zero food waste.
- Participate in our local CSA and plant a garden.
- Work smarter to work fewer hours.