Current Progress Updated October 31, 2017
- Read 52 books.* Angie = 28/26, Melody = 26/26
Create a Bullet Journal. (M)Created January 1, 2017 – currently in use (almost) daily.
- Write 2 blog posts per week and be more active on social media. (M)
- Volunteer 20 hours.
- Watch 1 new documentary every month (or 12 total). 11/12 watched
Health & Fitness
- Walk/Hike 1,000 miles. 797.8/1000 (124.6 miles hiked, 673.2 walked)
- Try one new fruit or vegetable every month. New foods tried: brussel sprouts, blackberries (A), dried kiwi (M), blood orange (M), golden beets, Fairytale eggplant, purple cauliflower, and cheddar cauliflower.
- Go meatless 12 days per month (or 144 days total). 136/144
- Follow the 50-30-20 Rule for Minimalist Budgeting.
Have 200+ No-Spend days this year.Revised 5/2/2017, read more here. Pay off car.Completed March 9, 2017, read more here.
- Pay off 2 smallest student loans.
Find 50 new letterboxes.Increased goal to 100 on 5/2/2017. Running total = 102
- Share a picnic lunch or dinner together at least once a week. Running total = 48
- Take one trip out of the country. Visited Ontario, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick, Canada 10/2 – 10/14
Go on 2 camping adventures.Manchester, TN (4/29/2017), Lake Prizer, KY (5/5/2017), Ocoee, TN (8/12/2017), Niagara Falls, Canada (10/2-10/6/2017)
- Take a trip by train.
- Spend a weekend in a major US city that we’ve not visited before.
- Take 2-3 paddle trips. Stump Pass, Englewood, FL (7/11/2017)
*All goals are combined goals unless otherwise noted.
Things we currently do that we plan to continue in 2017:
- Only buy items to replace worn-out or broken items. Buy used whenever possible.
- Declutter. We’re going to try 2017 in 2017 though I’m not sure we have that much left to declutter. 717/2017
- Recycle, compost, and focus on zero food waste.
- Participate in our local CSA and plant a garden.
- Work smarter to work fewer hours.