Current Progress Updated April 17, 2017
- Read 52 books.* Angie = 10/26, Melody = 10/26
Create a Bullet Journal. (M)Created January 1, 2017 – currently in use daily.
- Write 2 blog posts per week and be more active on social media. (M)
- Volunteer 20 hours.
- Watch 1 new documentary every month (or 12 total). 10/12 watched
Health & Fitness
- Walk 1,000 miles. 200.6/1000
- Hike 100 miles. 46.4/100
- Try one new fruit or vegetable every month.
- Go meatless 12 days per month (or 144 total). 48.5/144
- Follow the 50-30-20 Rule for Minimalist Budgeting.
- Have 200+ No-Spend days this year. 48/200
Pay off car.Completed March 9, 2017, read more here.
- Pay off 2 smallest student loans.
- Find 50 new letterboxes. 27/50 found
- Share a picnic lunch/dinner together once a week.
- Take one trip out of the country.
- Go on 2 camping adventures.
- Take a trip by train.
- Spend a weekend in a major US city that we’ve not visited before.
- Take 2-3 paddle trips.
*All goals are combined goals unless otherwise noted.
Things we currently do that we plan to continue in 2017:
- Only buy items to replace worn-out or broken items. Buy used whenever possible.
- Declutter. We’re going to try 2017 in 2017 though I’m not sure we have that much left to declutter.
- Recycle, compost, and focus on zero food waste.
- Participate in our local CSA and plant a garden.
- Work smarter to work fewer hours.