Updated December 31, 2017
Read 52 books.* Angie = 31 Melody = 33 Create a Bullet Journal. (M)Created January 1, 2017 – currently in use (almost) daily.
- Write 2 blog posts per week and be more active on social media. (M)
- Volunteer 20 hours.
Watch 1 new documentary every month (or 12 total). 12/12 watched
Health & Fitness
- Walk/Hike 1,000 miles. 872.8/1000 (132 miles hiked, 740.8 walked)
- Try one new fruit or vegetable every month. New foods tried: brussel sprouts, blackberries (A), dried kiwi (M), blood orange (M), golden beets, Fairytale eggplant, sweet potato (A), beet greens, purple cauliflower, and cheddar cauliflower.
Go meatless 12 days per month (or 144 days total). 175/144
- Follow the 50-30-20 Rule for Minimalist Budgeting.
Have 200+ No-Spend days this year.Revised 5/2/2017, read more here. Pay off car.Completed March 9, 2017, read more here.
- Pay off 2 smallest student loans.
Find 50 new letterboxes.Increased goal to 100 on 5/2/2017. Total = 102
- Share a picnic lunch or dinner together at least once a week. Total = 48
Take one trip out of the country.Visited Ontario, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick, Canada 10/2 – 10/14 Go on 2 camping adventures.Manchester, TN (4/29/2017), Lake Prizer, KY (5/5/2017), Ocoee, TN (8/12/2017), Niagara Falls, Canada (10/2-10/6/2017)
- Take a trip by train.
- Spend a weekend in a major US city that we’ve not visited before.
- Take 2-3 paddle trips. Stump Pass, Englewood, FL (7/11/2017)
*All goals are combined goals unless otherwise noted.
Things we currently do that we plan to continue in 2017:
- Only buy items to replace worn-out or broken items. Buy used whenever possible.
- Declutter. We’re going to try 2017 in 2017 though I’m not sure we have that much left to declutter. 747/2017
- Recycle, compost, and focus on zero food waste.
- Participate in our local CSA and plant a garden.
- Work smarter to work fewer hours.